If the patient does not present with ovulatory cycles at three months after ovarian drilling, then the procedure should be combined with CC treatment. The use of gonadotropins should be considered after 6 months of anovulatory cycles following the ovarian drilling procedure. Ovarian drilling should not be indicated as a treatment for menstrual irregularity, metabolic complications or hyperandrogenism in PCOS 29.

Something that really strikes me about Luna is that she's completely vacuous. There's nothing going on behind the eyes that isn't related to aesthetic. She barely even seems like a real human being. This was true even before she got hooked on drugs and probably a big factor in why she chose to use. It doesn't seem like she was a bad person prior to heroin (though iirc in http://witchycrankypoo.tumblr.com/ someone mentioned that she was super manipulative and self-focused even before the drugs), but she's certainly always been very, very, very, very shallow.
Obesity that occurs with PCOS needs to be treated because it can cause numerous additional medical problems. The management of obesity in PCOS is similar to the management of obesity in general. Weight loss can help reduce or prevent many of the complications associated with PCOS, including type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Consultation with a dietician on a frequent basis is helpful until just the right individualized program is established for each woman.

La metformina, un medicamento que se utiliza para tratar la diabetes, puede reducir la concentración de la insulina en sangre. A algunas chicas con síndrome de ovario poliquístico, les puede ayudar a controlar la ovulación y la concentración de andrógenos, lo que puede contribuir a regularizar el ciclo menstrual. Algunas adolescentes y mujeres de más edad tratadas con metformina también experimentan pérdida de peso y reducción de la hipertensión.
Traditionally, women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) have been treated with therapies aimed at relieving specific PCOS symptoms or health risks. Newer treatments being investigated at the University of Chicago Medicine and elsewhere also aim to address what may be a root cause of PCOS: insulin resistance. Many of these new therapies are designed to lower insulin levels, thus reducing production of testosterone.
Píldoras anticonceptivas orales. Contienen una combinación de hormonas femeninas. Estas pastillas pueden ayudar a normalizar el equilibrio de las hormonas y reducir o eliminar los síntomas. Esto reduce el riesgo de cáncer de endometrio para cuando la joven sea mayor. (No es necesario que una adolescente mantenga relaciones sexuales activas para tomar anticonceptivos orales).

“If a woman has fewer than eight menstrual periods a year on a chronic basis, she probably has a 50 to 80 percent chance of having polycystic ovary syndrome based on that single observation,” said John Nestler, the chair of the department of internal medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University. “But if she has infrequent menstruation and she has elevated levels of androgens such as testosterone in the blood, than she has a greater than 90 percent chance of having the condition.”

Pharmaceutical treatment for menstrual irregularity includes the oral contraceptive pill (OCP) and ovulation induction with clomiphene citrate (clomiphene) [20, 21] depending on fertility needs. Women with PCOS are however likely to exhibit contraindications for the OCP [3] and whilst induction of ovulation with clomiphene has demonstrated success, pregnancy rates remain inexplicably low [4]. Up to thirty 30% of women, particularly overweight women with PCOS, fail to respond to clomiphene therapy [4, 22, 23]. Management for hyperandrogenism includes anti-androgens and hypoglycaemic pharmaceuticals such as metformin [24]. Metfomin has demonstrated effectiveness for improving insulin sensitivity and hyperandrogenism, however use of metformin is associated with the high incidence of adverse effects including nausea, vomiting and gastro-intestinal disturbances [5].


Obese women with PCOS may have an increased risk of congenital anomalies (heart and neural tube defects), gestational diabetes mellitus [odds ratio (OR) 2.94; 95% confidence interval (CI): 1.70-5.08], hypertensive disorders during pregnancy (OR 3.67; 95% CI: 1.98-6.81) [mainly preeclampsia (OR 3.47; 95% CI: 1.95-6.17)], miscarriages, preterm births (OR 1.75; 95% CI: 1.16-2.62), the need for intensive unit care (OR 2.31; 95% CI: 1.25-4.26), increased perinatal mortality (OR 3.07; 95% CI: 1.03-9.21) 11,12 and Caesarean delivery (OR 1.74; 95% CI: 1.38-2.11) 12. The risk for preterm births and preeclampsia appears to be associated with maternal hyperandrogenism 13.
Bergmann J, Luft B, et al. [62] Randomised, placebo controlled double blind study. Three months or 3 menstrual cycles. Women with fertility disorders, (n = 67). Two sub-groups. Herbal extract Phyto-Hypophyson® by Steril-Pharma GmbH Herrsching, Germany; contains Vitex agnus-castus plus Chelledonium majus and Silybum marianum (St Mary’s thistle) in homeopathic form. Additional herbal extracts have reported activity in hepatic function. There are no reports for direct reproductive effects. 150 drops per day (7.5 ml per day). Primary outcome for participants with amenorrhoea: at least one spontaneous menses. Oligomenorrhoeic subgroup - clinical outcomes were significantly improved in the treatment arm at 82% compared to 45% in placebo arm P = 0.021. When the amenorrheic group were included in analysis, differences were not significant p = 0.19. Diagnosis for anovulatory amenorrhoea is not well described. Non-statistically significant take home baby rates were complicated by insufficient sample size. 366 patients are required to have a 95% chance, as significant at the 5% level, an increase in take home baby rates from 6% in the placebo group to 18% in the experimental group. The authors conclude that this preparation may be useful if given 3–6 months, yet they only tested for 3 months.
Just fyi, when a cat stops grooming itself, it's a sign that it's about to die. Or at least something is seriously wrong, physically or psychologically. Elderly cats typically stop grooming themselves when they're about to die. I'm a vet tech, and have seen cats in their early 20's that still groom themselves. They may need a bit of help with their back ends due to arthritis, but a well cared for cat of any age will at least try.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), also known as polycystic ovarian syndrome, is a common health problem caused by an imbalance of reproductive hormones. The hormonal imbalance creates problems in the ovaries. The ovaries make the egg that is released each month as part of a healthy menstrual cycle. With PCOS, the egg may not develop as it should or it may not be released during ovulation as it should be.
×